Meet the Board
President and CEO of Visit Mesa
Marc Garcia is President and CEO of Visit Mesa, the destination management organization for the City of Mesa and the surrounding region. Immediately after joining the DMO in June 2012, Garcia prioritized a rebranding effort for the organization which included a corporate repositioning to Visit Mesa. In 2019, Garcia led the organization to become the nation’s first autism-certified destination marketing organization, an initiative that hits close to home as a father of a five-year-old son on the autism spectrum. This nationwide achievement sets Mesa aside as a leader in a burgeoning sector of the industry, ability travel. Visit Mesa has shepherded other Mesa businesses including the parks department, Chamber of Commerce and fire department and hospitality industry partners to achieve this same status on a larger quest to establish Mesa as the United State’s first-ever autism certified travel destination with IBCCES.
Under Garcia’s tenure, Visit Mesa has leveraged regional partner assets by working alongside leaders in the neighboring community of Queen Creek, the iconic attractions along the Apache Trail, and Arizona’s Native American enterprises to help expand the Mesa visitor experience. This destination positioning, trademarked as City Limitless®, established Visit Mesa as the visitor industry leader and steward for the Southeast Valley of Maricopa County. These regional partners are also embracing the autism awareness movement with Town of Queen Creek recently completing their certification.
Visit Mesa’s branding and marketing efforts have been nominated for several industry awards, including:
• Grand Pitch Award at the 2017 Arizona Governor’s Tourism Conference
• 2017 ESTO Destiny Award
• 2017 Best Idea at DMA West Education Summit
• Urban Innovations Award, 2014 Arizona Governor’s Tourism Conference
• Adrian Award by Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International, 2015
Garcia serves on the following boards:
• Board Chair of the Destination Marketing Association of the West (DMA West and DMA West Foundation)
• Travel Ability Advisory Board
• Arizona Lodging & Tourism Association
• Mesa United Way Board of Directors
• Mesa Sister Cities Board of Directors