- This event has passed.
SAAC Singapore Training For ASEAN Professionals
September 8, 2016 @ 8:00 am - September 9, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
The St. Andrew’s Autism Centre (SAAC) in Singapore has partnered with IBCCES (The International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards) to bring a world class Autism Training and Certification program to Singapore and Southeast Asia. The internationally recognized certification program was developed by Dr. Stephen Shore and other Autism experts around the world. It is regarded as the gold standard in certification programs that recognize individuals with advanced knowledge in the field of Autism.
About the dynamic training program in Singapore
During each two-day training program, you will take part in hands-on activities and group sessions with other Autism professionals from around the world. In each collaborative session, you will discover how to leverage Autism traits and characteristics as potential springboards for success in education and healthcare. You will also take part in engaging discussions on effective self-advocacy, meaningful engagement in the community, and how to effectively model training for individuals with Autism.
The training program will also effectively prepare each participant to sit for a certification exam which will allow them to become internationally recognized as a Certified Autism Specialist®. Certified Autism Specialists® can be found throughout the world at schools, healthcare facilities and other areas that service individuals with Autism.
Objectives & Goals:
- Expand your knowledge and skills in the field of autism
- Learn about the latest research on autism
- Understand the various intervention strategies available to support people with autism
- Be able to differentiate autism myths from facts
- Enhance your professional reputation and credibility
- Increase your employability and improve your chances for career advancement and increased earnings
Benefits of Attendance:
- Automatic enrollment in the IBCCES Autism Certification program
- Completion of 14 autism-specific CEU hours
- Receive certificate of attendance, wallet card, and digital badge
- Listed on the online public registry of autism professionals
- Compliance with local special education and disability regulations
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience and work side-by-side with other ASEAN Autism professionals
September 8 & 9: Effective Strategies for Teaching Students with Autism
The curriculum for this specialized training event is strategically designed to provide exceptional value to educators, tutors, paraprofessionals, school administrators, and parents of students with autism.
Why Should You Attend?
- Become one of the first in your area to become a Certified Autism Specialist
- Learn about research in the field of Autism
- Recognizes individuals who go above and beyond licensing standards.
- Enhances your professional reputation and credibility.
- Increases your opportunity for career advancement and increased earnings.
- Listing on the online public registry of autism professionals.
- Reduces the chance of litigation.
- Demonstrates a commitment to autism to parents and clients.
- Assists in demonstrating compliance with local special education and disabilities laws and regulations
With the demand for autism experts and autism therapists on the rise, it is more important than ever for teachers and health professionals to have some form of ASD training. At IBCCES, we are committed to providing professional development training through our Autism Certification.