The International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES), was established in 2001 to meet the training credentialing needs of professionals who work with individuals with special needs and cognitive disorders. IBCCES has since expanded into over 40 different countries with training centers and members all across the globe.
IBCCES established the industry standards for a the Certified Autism Specialist™ and the Board Certified Cognitive Specialist™. These two programs are recognized around the world as the leading benchmark for training and certification in the areas of Autism and other cognitive disorders. In addition to the two flagship programs, IBCCES has multiple certification programs designed around cognitive disorders.
Each year the standards for each program are reviewed and updated by our board of industry professionals including researchers from leading universities, state level special education directors, industry leaders, as well as clinicians in the fields of mental health, behavior analysis, speech and language pathology, school psychology, occupational therapy, and parents. Our standards are used by organizations all over the world to ensure the highest quality of care and training for professionals in the field of Autism and other cognitive disorders.
Every year IBCCES produces the International Symposium on Cognitive Research & Disorders. This global event brings together top neurologists, education leaders, and healthcare experts with a focus on research, innovation and collaboration.
IBCCES adheres to international standards for boards that grant professional credentials. The IBCCES certification procedures and content undergo various reviews and validation, pursuant to the professions that are eligible for certification, as well as standards established by content experts in the field.
What We Do
We have established the industry standards for the Certified Autism Specialist, Autism Certificate and the Board Certified Cognitive Specialist. These credentials ensure that professionals remain current and up to date in the field of autism and other cognitive disorders. We ensure competency by requiring that individuals remain up to date in the field, comply with a rigorous list of requirements, participate in ongoing education and pass a competency examination.
The International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards seeks to ensure the highest level of education and care for individuals with special needs. We set worldwide industry standards for individuals to stay up to date in content specific certification.
We strive to create a worldwide community of trained and knowledgeable professionals in order to increase the outcomes for individuals with special needs. Our global community will share ideas and best practices in order to assure that every individual receives the treatment and care that they need.
We value the education of professionals to ensure the highest level of care to individuals with special needs. The individual with special needs is at the heart of everything for IBCCES.
Employment at IBCCES
IBCCES is a growing company as we strive to reach our goal of creating a global community of trained professionals. If you have the desire to work in a fast paced environment dedicated to positive global change for individuals with special needs, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep your resume on file and let you know if we have an opening that would match your skills.
IBCCES Culture Statement
It’s really the people that make IBCCES the kind of company it is. We hire people who are smart and determined, and we favor ability over experience. Although our team members share common goals and visions for the company, we hail from all walks of life reflecting the global audience that we serve.
We strive to maintain the open culture often associated with startups, in which everyone is a hands-on contributor and feels comfortable sharing ideas and opinions. Every day we strive to make a difference in the community we serve by delivering value.
How We Work:
- We focus on results rather than effort
- We work as a team and hold each other accountable.
- Curiosity is a pre-requisite.
- Listening is a good way to start a conversation.
- We look at the organization chart as a framework, not an enclosure.
- We do things the ethical way, because it’s the only way.
- We treat every client, prospect, vendor and associate as a hard-working human being who wants to feel appreciated.
- We prefer not to work with bullies—inside and outside our walls.
- We show up when we say we’ll show up.
- We are always looking ahead, reading ahead, and thinking ahead.
- Everyone is a new business ambassador.
What We Believe:
- We believe value equals results
- We believe that big ideas don’t happen without hard work and an open mind.
- We believe that the chain of respect is more important than the chain of command.
- We believe attitudes should be devoid of agendas.
- We believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.
- We believe that the smartest ideas can come from the dumbest questions.
- We believe in counting our blessings.
- We believe that being different is more than OK.
- We believe that all work and no play never works.
- We believe when the customer wins, we all win.
- We believe in the priorities of family at work and at home.
- We believe no one is perfect, but if you don’t strive for perfection you will never get close.
How We Act:
- We deliver value
- We celebrate results
- We all make the coffee.
- We are helpful and kind.
- We are not afraid of change.
- We love learning.
- We encourage laughter, but never at someone’s expense.
- We know that some rules cannot be broken; the rest are negotiable.
- We answer the phone by the second ring.
- We get back to people.
- We strive to improve the quality of life for others.