Your community is already neurodiverse, with 1 in 6 people having a sensory disorder and the diagnosis rates of autism and other cognitive disorders steadily increasing. Make sure your team is prepared to connect with your entire community and better engage and communicate with autistic individuals and those with other sensory disorders.
Research has shown that engaging in stimulating activities such as outdoor play, animal and water interaction, and activities involving balance and motor skills are therapeutic for autistic children and individuals. Organizations across the globe claim to be “Autism friendly” but are not equipped to truly accommodate a wide range of individuals, including those who are autistic. This has left families and individuals disappointed due to lack of trained and aware staff and facilities.
IBCCES online training and certification options include programs designed for entry-level and seasonal employees, aquatics professionals, leadership and program directors, therapists, and others. As part of the CAC process, an onsite review by IBCCES experts will be conducted on key assets in your community, which includes a comprehensive report with suggested changes or modifications to better serve autistic individuals, as well as sensory guides for activities.
All Certified Autism Centers™ meet the following requirements:
Ensure you are providing programs that are inclusive and accessible to your community
Be a leader in the industry
Empower your staff and equip them with additional professional knowledge and skills
Gain recognition for efforts in adaptive recreation programs and training
Ability to contact IBCCES experts at any time with questions
Did You Know?
$262 billion is spent on autism-related services in the US each year.
ASD occurs in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
1 in 54 children has been diagnosed with autism.
ASD is at a 600% increase.
* Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Position specific, customized online training for staff
- Access to online Member Learning community for your staff to receive ongoing training access after completion of certification
- 2-year certification
- Onsite review by an expert that includes a comprehensive report with suggested modifications to better serve autistic individuals or those with sensory needs, as well as sensory guides for attractions or interactive features.
- Listing on International Online Registry of Certified Autism Centers™
- Press release from IBCCES announcing CAC
- Framed certification for display in lobby
- Customized identification adhesives to showcase on ID badges
- Validated Digital Certification Badge for website and social media
- Featured on AutismTravel.com, accessible to over 5.6 million parents, individuals and families worldwide
- Certified Autism Center™ announcement to all travel agents who have completed the Certified Autism Travel Professional training
Your team will complete our online training and certification process. And 80% of community-facing staff must complete the program to earn Certified Autism Center™ designation.
Once you become a Certified Autism Center™, you will be featured as a certified organization on AutismTravel.com, which was developed by IBCCES as a credible resource to help autistic individuals and their families and friends connect with trained and certified destinations, attractions, and related options.
Find Out More About Becoming A Certified Autism Center™
Fill out the form below to connect with a Certification Advisor for more information