- The Autism Competency Exam is only offered online to individuals who are seeking CAS and AC certification and for no other purpose.
- The Autism Competency Exam is comprised of multiple-choice questions with four possible answers.
- There are 2 versions of the exam. One for CAS candidates and one for AC candidates.
- The CAS Autism Competency Exam has approximately 60 questions. The Autism Certificate Competency exam has approximately 40 questions. A passing score of 80% is required on both tests.
- Candidates are given a total of 90 minutes to complete the CAS Exam and 60 minutes for the AC exam.
- The Exams are based on the IBCCES Ten Areas of Autism Competency.
- The Exams were professionally developed to accepted examination standards.
- The Exams are administered online via an online proctoring system. Once you begin the exam, you will not be allowed to open any web pages or documents. The Exam must be completed in one session and questions cannot be skipped or returned to during the exam.
- Directions on how to access the exam will be provided once you submit your application
- The Exam will be available pending the submission of a completed application.
General Rules for Taking the Examinations
- Candidates will receive directions for taking their Autism Competency Exam once they have successfully submitted their application.
- No notes, reference materials, books, etc. may be used during the examination.
- No web pages, documents or windows may be open on the computer while taking the exam.
Information about Exam Results
- Candidates will be notified via email of their results within 24 hours of completing the exam.
- Candidates must receive a passing score of 80% or better to pass the exam.
- Candidates who do not pass the examination are provided with percentages of correctly answered items. Exam content may not be appealed.
Terms and Conditions
The IBCCES Terms and Conditions for taking the exam must be agreed to prior to commencing the examination.
Please refer to exam specific pages for a detailed list of the specific terms and conditions for your exam.