Over the last five years many of our travel partners such as Beaches Resorts, Marriott, Sea World, Carnival Cruise lines and more have implemented the Certified Autism Center TM (CAC) program within their organization. The positive response from the community and the ROI for each organization has been so great that many of our partners are asking to go to the next level to help them better prepared to serve guest with autism and other cognitive disorders.
Taking the industry-leading Certified Autism Center tm program to the next level
Requirements Created by Board of Industry Experts
The requirements for the IBCCES Advanced Certified Autism Center tm (ACAC) level 2 certification were created by board of industry experts including physicians, therapists, parents, travel executives and individuals with autism and other cognitive disorders. The goal is to take the industry leading CAC program to the next level and recognize organizations that are going above and beyond to prepare for guest with cognitive disorders.
Ensure you are providing programs that are inclusive and accessible to your community
Empower your staff and equip them with additional professional knowledge and skills
Access to industry experts to help your team make modifications to current activities and practices
Ability to contact IBCCES experts at any time with questions
- 40 hours of position specific, customized training for staff
- Onsite review of facilities by an expert that includes a comprehensive report with suggested changes or modifications to better serve autistic individuals and sensory guides for activities
- Access to industry experts to help your team make modifications to current activities and practices
- Gain knowledge and confidence in customer-facing scenarios
- 2-year certification
- Onsite review by IBCCES experts includes a comprehensive report with suggested changes or modifications to better serve autistic individuals, as well as sensory guides for activities.
- Listing on International Online Registry of Advanced Certified Autism Centers™
- Press release from IBCCES announcing ACAC
- Framed certification for display in lobby
- Validated Digital Certification Badge for website and social media
- Featured on AutismTravel.com, accessible to millions parents, individuals and families worldwide
- Advanced Certified Autism Center™ announcement to all travel agents who have completed the Certified Autism Travel Professional training
Your team will complete our online training and certification process. And 80% of community-facing staff must complete the program to earn Advanced Certified Autism Center™ designation.
Once you become a Advanced Certified Autism Center™, you will be featured as a certified organization on AutismTravel.com, which was developed by IBCCES as a credible resource to help autistic individuals and their families and friends connect with trained and certified destinations, attractions, and related options.
“I think it is phenomenal that organizations are so dedicated to serving individuals with autism that they are willing to invest in the Advanced Certified Autism Center program. These are truly industry leaders in every way!”
– Kerry Magro, Nationally Known Speaker And Advocate Who Is On The Spectrum
Did You Know?
$262 billion is spent on autism-related services in the US each year.
ASD occurs in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
1 in 44 children has been diagnosed with autism.
ASD is at a 600% increase.
* Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Become An Industry Leader By Starting Your Certification Process Today
Fill out the form below to learn more about our Advanced Certified Autism Center tm Program, which includes staff certifications, training options and center certification.
- Overwhelming positive response
- Tens of thousands of reactions, comments, shares and webhits
- Story “life cycle” strong weeks after initial release
- Received World Travel Award Winner and Industry Leader Designation
- Increased brand Image and credibility
- Increased revenue and guest satisfaction
- Elmwood Park Zoo was awarded a $200k grant to expand special needs programming, partially due to being a Certified Autism Center tm.
- 400 families at the park identified as having special needs children the day after the announcement
- 6 million combined web hits, mentions and story pickup in the first month
- International recognition: Nightly News with Lester Holt, BBC and more