Certified Autism Center: Improving Healthcare Services for People with Autism
Become an Industry Leader and Increase Your Bottom Line
“Autism Friendly” just isn’t good enough
Organizations across the globe claim to be “Autism friendly” but are not equipped to truly accommodate these guests. This has left families disappointed due to lack of trained and aware staff.
Even in the highly educated field of healthcare many individual practitioners have little to no training specific to autism, often leading to individuals on the autism spectrum not having their specific challenges properly understood or addressed and adversely affecting both their healthcare experiences and the effectiveness of treatments they receive.
The IBCCES Certified Autism Center (CAC) certification recognizes organizations that have a highly trained staff and are fully equipped to serve the fastest growing population of developmental disorders.
All Certified Autism Centers meet the following requirements:
- Dedicated to serving individuals with autism
- At least 80% of staff trained and certified in the field ofautism
- Is committed to ongoing training in autism
An onsite review by IBCCES experts includes a comprehensive report with suggested changes or modifications to better serve individuals on the spectrum, as well as sensory guides for activities.
Certified Autism Center Benefits
- Position specific, customized online training for staff
- Access to online Member Learning community for your staff to receive ongoing training access after completion of certification
- Gain knowledge and confidence in customer-facing scenarios
- 2-year certification
- Onsite review of facilities by an expert that includes a comprehensive report with suggested changes or modifications to better serve individuals on the spectrum and other challenges and sensory guides for activities
- Listing on International Online Registry of Certified Autism Centers
- Press release from IBCCES announcing CAC
- Framed certification for display in lobby
- Customized identification adhesives to showcase on ID badges
- Validated Digital Certification Badge for website and social media
- Featured on CertifiedAutismCenter.com and Autism Travel, accessible to over 5.6 million parents, therapists and teachers worldwide
- Stand out from your competitors
- Empower your staff
- Become confident in your ability to provide travel/entertainment solutions to a $262 billion, underserved market
- Increase market share and drive revenue
- International recognition for your expertise in the fastest growing market in the travel/entertainment industry
- Ability to contact IBCCES experts at any time with questions
$262 billion is spent on autism related services in the US each year.
1 in 59 children has been identified with autism.
ASD occurs in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
ASD is at a 600% increase year after year.
* Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Learn More About Becoming a Certified Autism Center
Fill out the form below to learn more about our CAC Program, which includes staff certifications, training options and center certification.
Once you become a Certified Autism Center, you will be featured as a certified organization on CertifiedAutismCenter.com, which have been developed by IBCCES as credible resources to help leading organizations across the globe showcase themselves as safe, sensory friendly, trained and certified option for parents and individuals on the spectrum. These resources serve as a guide both for people who are looking for healthcare and education resources in their community that are appropriately trained to serve individuals on the autism spectrum and their families.
Featured Story: Bowen Center
The Bowen Center’s mission is to positively impact the quality of life of those we serve by providing professional, caring, cost-effective behavioral healthcare services.
“At the Bowen Center we saw a gap in resources that were being provided to people who are on the spectrum. We knew professional training was necessary to fill this gap.”
– Bil, Bowen Center Executive
Other benefits the Bowen Center experienced after their certification:
- Established Bowen Center as an independently trained and verified resource for Autism in their community where people and agencies could seek assistance
- Increased community involvement and speaking engagements
- Strenthened employee morale, expertise and confidence for handling numerous different situations
- Deepened trust between Bowen Center and their clients