Rhonda S. Bloss, MA-CCC/SLP
City/State: Raceland, KY
School/Organizations: Raceland-Worthington Independent School District
1. How has earning the Certified Autism Specialist been meaningful and satisfying?
It has given me the knowledge base and self-confidence that I need to educate my students and peers.
2. How has the CAS credential affected your professional growth?
I am constantly looking for PD opportunities to increase my level of knowledge.
3.What changes need to be made in your work environment?
It would be great if our paraprofessionals could have increased opportunities for professional development in the area of Autism. They work so hard with these students!
4. How do you like to be recognized, acknowledged and rewarded for a job well done?
Seeing success is a huge payoff for me!
5. What is your greatest challenge or roadblock?
Having enough time to complete the things that must be done and the things that I want to get done.
6. What makes you feel like a valuable contributor?
When peers ask my advice and then try my suggestions.
7. What support, tools/resources, skills or empowerment do you need to be more effective?
I have great support from my Director of Special Education and my Principals!
8. What strengths or talents do you possess that aren’t being used?
My position keeps my very busy with students ages 3-21. I am currently working on a way to increase parent knowledge and participation in helping to carryover what our students work on at school.
9. What de-motivates you?
Constant negativity—That’s why I steer clear of it!