The Certified Cognitive Coach certification was created by a team of experts, including international leaders in the educational field, Tier 1 University researchers, master educators, and clinical professionals. The program was designed based on feedback from your peers and leaders in education to address the most-needed training topics for special education and general education teachers, as well as paraprofessionals. This certification programs include 14 hours of online training
|Requirements||Board Certified Cognitive Specialist||Certified Cognitive Coach|
|Degree + Experience||Bachelors + 10 years experience -OR- Masters + 2 years experience||Must currently (or soon to) be providing services to individuals with cognitive disorders|
|CE hours (training content included with program)||14||14|
|Certification Fee (includes training, exam + credential)||$595||$395|
(every 2 years)
CCC Eligibility Requirements
- 14 CE hours:
Applicants must have earned 14 hours of continuing education that directly relate to cognitive disorders within the last two years. These CEs can be earned through IBCCES University as part of the CCC application process. If you have already completed 14 hours of continuing education within the last 2 years, check here to make sure the hours can be applied toward your CCC.
- Competency Exam:
Applicants must pass the CCC Competency Exam. The exam is taken online and is included in the price of your CCC application.
- Registry Fee: $395
- Renewal fee: $295.00 every two years – without training, or $346 every two years – if you would like to complete our training
- 14 Additional (CEU) in related area
- Maintain active status as a BCCS and Compliance with Code of Ethics
Registration fees include application review by IBCCES board and Access to Certification Exam.
Our Cognitive Certifications will:
- Enhance your professional reputation and credibility.
- Recognize your mastery of Cognitive Disorder training.
- Increase your opportunity for career advancement and increased earnings.
- Recognize your voluntary effort to meet rigorous professional standards in ongoing professional development.
- Include your name on the online public registry of professionals with a Cognitive Certification.
Once you have completed the requirements for the certification:
- You will be issued an official Certification Number;
- Your name will be listed in the International Registry as an Certified Cognitive Coach or Board Certified Cognitive Specialist Holder;
- You will receive an official certificate to display in your classroom or office;
- You will receive an authorized wallet ID card to demonstrate your new credentials to parents, employers, insurance professionals and others;
- A digital badge is available upon request for use on digital resumes and social media;
- Your credential number can be verified by employers at ibcces.org
Having a staff member with an Cognitive Certification:
- Reduces the chance of litigation in your district.
- Differentiates your school or district from your competitors.
- Demonstrates your commitment to on-going training in Cognitive Disorders to parents and clients.
- Improves your grant qualifications.
- Assists in demonstrating compliance with local and state guidelines for professional development.
Still Have Questions? Visit Our FAQs here
Find Out More About Earning A Certified Cognitive Coach Certification
Fill out the form below to connect with a Certification Advisor for more information