Introducing the Advanced Autism Certificate for Licensed Professionals
IBCCES is a global leader in online training and certification programs. One of the newest courses delivered through IBCCES University is our Online ABA Training for the Advanced Autism Certificate program (AAC).
This new ABA program is specifically designed for an individual who currently holds an Autism Certificate (AC) from IBCCES and wants to increase their knowledge and expertise in the field of ABA therapy. The content of the course was developed under the guidance of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and other professionals with clinical ABA experience, so you can be guaranteed that you are learning from highly trained experts with extensive practical knowledge and experience.
The training and certification is designed to help master educators and licensed professionals successfully implement ABA programming in the home, center, school or community environments. During the course, you will be able to implement what you learn immediately to see how the training is making you a stronger ABA practitioner.
I use my training from IBCCES on a daily basis in my career! By educating children, parents, and teachers about strategies to assist those children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, I have improved awareness, independence and function in a multitude of children.
– Rachel Harrington, Lead Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant- Licensed (COTA/L)
Actionable Advanced Autism Training for Improving Outcomes
- Build on your knowledge acquired from your Autism Certificate
- Learn strategies designed to help master practitioners overcome common challenges faced by ABA professionals in the home, center, school or community environments
- Learn most up to date best practices from BCBAs with extensive experience practicing ABA therapy
- Gain professional recognition for your expertise
AAC Eligibility Requirements
|Requirements||Advanced Certified Autism Specialist||Advanced Autism Certificate|
|Degree + Experience||Bachelors + 10 years experience |
-OR- Masters + 2 years experience
|Must currently (or soon to) be providing services to individuals with autism|
|Prerequisite for Advanced Certification||Must currently hold CAS credential (or purchase bundle)||Must currently hold AC crendential (or purchase bundle)|
|CE hours (training content included with program)||21||21|
|Certification Fee if Prerequisite is Met (includes training, exam + credential)||$669||$469|
(every 2 years)
|Bundle Certification Package (includes prerequisite certification + advanced program)||$875||$555|
Upgrade from Current AC: Learn More
Registration fees include application review by IBCCES board and access to Advanced Autism Certificate Exam.
Already have the AC credential? Click here to upgrade your certification.
Advanced AC Benefits
Once you have completed the requirements for the AAC:
- You will be issued an official Certification Number,
- Your name will be listed in the International Registry as an Advanced Autism Certificant;
- You will receive an official certificate printed on diploma stock to display in your classroom or office;
- You will also receive an authorized wallet ID card to demonstrate your new credentials to parents, employers, insurance professionals and others;
- A digital badge is available upon request for use on digital resumes and social media;
- Your credential number can be verified by employers at ibcces.org
*Registration fee will be refunded if the applicant is not approved by the board for any reason during the application process (minus $150 to cover processing and exam fee). Otherwise all sales are final. Registration indicates that you have read and agreed to the IBCCES Financial Terms and Conditions, Ethical Responsibilities and Standards of Practice.
4 Areas of Competency: AAC Program and Certification
Internationally Recognized Certification for Licensed Professionals and Educators
Show your commitment to providing qualified care to individuals with autism and other cognitive disorders with an internationally recognized credential from IBCCES (the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards).
Our Advanced Autism Certificate program is for professionals who are responsible for the support and/or services provided to an individual on the autism spectrum that directly relates to the professionals’ specific scope of practice
Our Advanced Autism Certificate will:
- Enhance your professional reputation and credibility.
- Recognize your mastery of the specialist level Autism and ABA training.
- Increase your opportunity for career advancement and increased earnings.
- Recognize your voluntary effort to meet rigorous professional standards in ongoing professional development.
- Include your name on the online public registry of Certified Autism Specialists
Having members of your staff with an Advanced Autism Certificate:
- Reduces the chance of litigation in your district.
- Differentiates your school or healthcare facility from your competitors.
- Demonstrates your commitment to on-going training in Autism to parents and clients.
- Improves your grant qualifications.
- Assists in demonstrating compliance with local and state guidelines for professional development.
Michele Powers, Special Education Teacher
I use what I have learned in the training to help train the assistants in my classroom so they will have a better understanding of autism and just how to work with individual students. I also use this training to help parents work with their child at home.
Phyllis Pratt, Orthodontic Assistant
It helps me with speaking to the patient in ways they can understand treatment and how to handle an appointment on their terms.
Palace Zinnermon McMichael, Special Education Paraprofessional
I use my training daily in an AU classroom setting, to support my students in achieving their goals, via a modified curriculum. I use it to teach more to their abilities, not their disability. I promote independence and social communication, as well as teach life and survival skills. My training enhanced my understanding of my students needs, to better proviide the support they need to continue to thrive.
Wendy Spann, Developmental Screener
My IBCCES training has been an integral part of teaching me to identify children that show classic symptoms of a person that could be on the autism spectrum. I therefore know how to refer that family in order for them to connect with the proper agencies for diagnosis, resources and services for their child and family members.
Have Questions About Earning A Advanced Autism Certificate?
Fill out form below to connect with a Certification Advisor