Introducing the Advanced Certification for Autism Professionals
IBCCES is a global leader in online training and certification programs. The Advanced Certified Autism Specialist program focuses on a foundational, multi-disciplinary approach specific to autism and then builds on that by providing behavioral intervention and ABA strategies as part of the program training.
The ACAS program is designed for an individual who currently holds a Certified Autism Specialist (CAS) Certificate from IBCCES and wants to increase their knowledge and expertise in the field of ABA interventions, best practices, and strategies.
The training and certification is designed to help master educators and licensed professionals successfully implement behavior intervention and ABA practices in the home, center, school or community environments. During the course, you will be able to implement what you learn immediately to see how the training is making you a stronger practitioner.
I have to say that we are all feeling so more confident in working with our Autistic, Aspergers and ADHD kids in school already. We are working with the same goals in mind and understand everything our therapist is urging us all to do! Some of the strategies that are great for all learners are also creeping into regular classroom interactions- the Natural Environment Training is particularly meaningful for us in our inclusion program. Its been a valuable investment for our school!
School Principal | Frankfurt International School Wiesbaden
This certification allows me to demonstrate my professional competence and skills, specifically in the field of autism. This is increasingly important at a time when standards of accountability mandate service providers be highly qualified. I am a better OT when I am more diversely equipped to meet the spectrum of needs of this growing population.
Paula Perkins, OTR, SCSS, MA, CAS
Burkburnett ISD | Burkburnett, TX
I never imaged I would learn this much! I am so happy I made this training I have invited my coworkers to do it too. This is the best training I have ever do. I learned so much. I am changing things in my practice, Not only in therapy and working one by one but In classroom with a group. I loved that I was able to communicate with the experts. I love that the standards were high. I was able to identify things I was doing wrong while working with my kids. before making this training I was in love with ABA but now I am way beyond in love, ABA is my thing. I am looking forward to finish the certification.
Lic. Elementary Educator Specializing in Education Therapy | Yonkers, New York
The ABA therapy training is very clear and appropriate to help the families I serve! So many of my clients are sent to me when they are already in middle and high school and have never had this type of therapy in the early years which could have prevented so much of the aggression and tantrums I see a lot of parents encountering. Thank you so much for all of the education you are providing to me!
Case Manager | Los Angles, CA
Actionable Advanced Autism Training for Improving Outcomes
- Build on your knowledge acquired from your Certified Autism Specialist certification
- Learn strategies designed to help master practitioners overcome common challenges faced by ABA professionals in the home, center, school or community environments
- Learn most up to date best practices from BCBAs with extensive experience practicing ABA therapy
- Gain professional recognition for your expertise
ACAS Eligibility Requirements
|Requirements||Advanced Certified Autism Specialist||Advanced Autism Certificate|
|Degree + Experience||Bachelors + 10 years experience |
-OR- Masters + 2 years experience
|Must currently (or soon to) be providing services to individuals with autism|
|Prerequisite for Advanced Certification||Must currently hold CAS credential (or purchase bundle)||Must currently hold AC crendential (or purchase bundle)|
|CE hours (training content included with program)||21||21|
|Certification Fee if Prerequisite is Met (includes training, exam + credential)||$669||$469|
(every 2 years)
|Bundle Certification Package (includes prerequisite certification + advanced program)||$875||$555|
- Upgrade from Current CAS Learn More
Registration fees include application review by IBCCES board and access to Advanced Certified Autism Specialist Exam.
Advanced CAS Benefits
Once you have completed the requirements for the ACAS:
- You will be issued an official Certification Number,
- Your name will be listed in the International Registry as an Advanced Certified Autism Specialist;
- You will receive an official certificate printed on diploma stock to display in your classroom or office;
- You will also receive an authorized wallet ID card to demonstrate your new credentials to parents, employers, insurance professionals and others;
- A digital badge is available upon request for use on digital resumes and social media;
- Your credential number can be verified by employers at ibcces.org
*Registration fee will be refunded if the applicant is not approved by the board for any reason during the application process (minus $150 to cover processing and exam fee). Otherwise all sales are final. Registration indicates that you have read and agreed to the IBCCES Financial Terms and Conditions, Ethical Responsibilities and Standards of Practice.
Areas of Competency: ACAS Program and Certification
Internationally Recognized Certification for Licensed Professionals and Educators
Show your commitment to providing qualified care to individuals with autism and other cognitive disorders with an internationally recognized credential from IBCCES (the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards).
Our Advanced Certified Autism Specialist program is for professionals who are responsible for the support and/or services provided to an individual on the autism spectrum that directly relates to the professionals’ specific scope of practice
Our Advanced Certified Autism Specialist Certification will:
- Enhance your professional reputation and credibility.
- Recognize your mastery of the specialist level Autism and ABA training.
- Increase your opportunity for career advancement and increased earnings.
- Recognize your voluntary effort to meet rigorous professional standards in ongoing professional development.
- Include your name on the online public registry of Certified Autism Specialists
Having members of your staff with an Advanced Certified Autism Specialist Certificatoin:
- Reduces the chance of litigation in your district.
- Differentiates your school or healthcare facility from your competitors.
- Demonstrates your commitment to on-going training in Autism to parents and clients.
- Improves your grant qualifications.
- Assists in demonstrating compliance with local and state guidelines for professional development.
Applicants for the ACAS Certification Typically Include
- Classroom Teachers
- SPED Teachers
- School Counselors
- Clerical and Support Staff
- Higher Education
- Social Workers
- School Phycologists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Behavioral Health Professionals and Staff
- Healthcare Providers and Staff
Have Questions About Becoming A Advanced Certified Autism Specialist?
Fill out form below to connect with a Certification Advisor